Andros Special Edition
- Optimized for fishing consistent light drag settings.
- Features TDC drag cams for gradual drag curves.
- High speed 6.4:1 gear ratios for quick line recovery.
- Rigid 1-pcs frame and left sideplate construction.
- 6061-T6 Machined aluminum frame and sideplates.
- Cold forged, Type-II anodized, machined aluminum spool.
- CRC: Corrosion Resistant Coating process.
- 6BB+1RB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings.
- Dual anti-reverse system (Mechanical and roller bearing).
- Quick-Set anti-reverse bearing allows for zero handle back play.
- Ergo Grip handle knob with anodized aluminum handle arm.
- One screw right sideplate take down for easy internal access.
- 17-4 grade stainless steel helical cut gearing.
- Silent retrieve system for ultimate cranking smoothness.
- Carbonite Dual Force Drag system with Cal’s drag grease.
- Integrated recessed reel foot design for low profile rod fit.
- Lug and plug system on 12 and 16 size.
- All models feature durable Ergo grip handle knobs.
- On / Off bait clicker designed for kite fishing.
The Ergo Grip handle knob is an extremely comfortable oversized handle-knob design for both speed and power. This soft-touch knob has been ergonomically designed to fit in the palm of your hand and will be found on certain Okuma lever drag reels, star drag reels and some spinning reel models.
|DUAL FORCE DRAG SYSTEM|
Okuma's DFD system is specifically engineered to be mounted in the right side of the spool in order to bring all the mechanical workings closer together to maximize alignment and durability.
This highly efficient drag system was designed to increase maximum drag pressure and improve heat dissipation for long term smoothness.
Okuma utilizes Cal Sheet's Universal Drag Grease to prevent corrosion and provide the smoothest, most effcient drag system possible.
|Okuma’s TDC or “Tournament Drag Cam” is designed with a more gradual ramp in the cam system that is intended for anglers fishing light line and toumament IGFA line classes. The standard cam that is installed in the Makaira and Cedros reels is engineered to be compatible with braided line and offers aggressive drag ramps in order to output heavy drag ratings. The Makaira and Cedros reels are engineered to output extreme drag pressure, but this is not required by all anglers. These reels have been designed to offer customization and with the TDC cam system, Okuma is offering anglers a reel that is versatile for a wide range of fishing applications, allowing anglers the ability to achieve a more gradual increase in drag settings.|
Corrosion Resistant Coating combines Okuma’s proprietary HDG-II gearing system, which offers exceptional anti-corrosive properties compared to standard gears, with a coating of Corrosion X HD to all internal and external parts. The CRC process actually penetrates and bonds to the metal, which helps significantly toward long term protection.
Andros Special Edition Sailfsh/White Marlin Reel with TDC Cam
|Model||Gear ratios||Bearings||Weight (oz.)||Line retrieve||Monofilament line capacity (diameter in mm.)||Max Drag @ Strike with Freespool||Max Drag @ Full with Freespool||Frame||Sideplates||Spool|
|A-12SSE||6.4:1||6BB + 1RB||24.0||48.4"||560/20 (0.42), 420/25 (0.48), 320/30 (0.55)||5.7-lbs||10-lbs||AL||AL||AL|
|A-16SSE||6.4:1||6BB + 1RB||30.6||58.5"||870/20 (0.42), 650/25 (0.48), 500/30 (0.55)||5.7-lbs||10-lbs||AL||AL||AL|