Obsidian Spinning Reel (NEW)
- 35mm stroke with super slow oscillation
- Light weight C-40X carbon frame and sideplates
- C-40X Cyclonic Flow Rotor for corrosion resistance
- Ultra light Screw in handle
- Ultra light spool
- Even Flow Roller System with DLC coating
- Frictionless main Shaft design
- Ultra-lightweight, A7075 aluminum shaft
- Rotor with tangle guard - prevents line from entering the shaft
- Rotor brake system
- Carbon fiber drag system
- Fast progressive drag
- All HPB Bearing
- Worm shaft transmission system
- One-Piece Bail
- Gearing stabilization design
- Extra 1 spool with 2 reducers (it can be reduced to 8000 or 1500)
- 9HPB+RB for ultimate smoothness
One-Piece BailThe one-piece bail is a seamless design that reduces friction on the bail, allowing unobstructed line entry into the roller.
Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC): Even Flow Roller System With DLC CoatingThe EFR II with DLC coating greatly reduces line friction and prevents fishing worn out in addition to frictionless free rolling on the line roller to reduce line twist.
Carbonite Drag SystemOkuma's ALL NEW "Carbonite" drag system features a newly-developed carbon-based drag material which displaces heat and friction consistently and steadily even under the harshest of fishing conditions. Used in conjunction with a small amount of specially-formulated Okuma drag grease, the Carbonite drag system allows for a much wider and smoother drag range, all while maintaining exceptional performance and pure fish- stopping power.
Flite Drive™In the previous reels, when the main shaft moved up and down, a large area of friction was generated with the inner hole of the pinion, which caused you to feel resistance when turning. In order to reduce drag and achieve the lightness of rotation, we hollowed out the center of the pinion to reduce friction with shaft. To achieve the excellent lightness that maintains the original support strength and makes you feel the rotation.
Obsidian Spinning Reel
|Frame||Sideplate||Rotor||Spool||Monofilament Line Capacity|
|OSD12000-35AY||4.3:1||9HPB+1RB||520||103||18||C-40X||C-40X||C-40X||AL||(mm/M) 0.33/680, 0.35/600, 0.38/500|
(no/M) 10/245, 12/200, 14/165
|Reducer 1500||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||(mm/M) 0.16/330 0.18/260 0.20/210|
(no/M) 1.0/330, 1.2/260, 1.5/210
|Reducer 8000||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||(mm/M) 0.33/440 0.35/385 0.38/320|
(no/M) 6.0/280, 8.0/200, 10/160