Andros 2-Speed Lever Drag Reel
- Cold forged, Type-II anodized, machined aluminum spool
- CRC: Corrosion Resistant Coating process
- 6 corrosion resistant stainless steel ball bearings
- External adjustable cast control system
- Stainless steel ratchet drag lever for precise drag settings
- Ergo Grip handle knob with anodized aluminum handle arm
- One screw right sideplate take down for easy internal access
- 17-4 grade stainless steel helical cut gearing
- Silent retrieve system for ultimate cranking smoothness
- Carbonite Dual Force Drag system with Cal’s drag grease
- All models feature an anodized aluminum gear shifter housing
- Integrated recessed reel foot design for low profile rod fit
- Lug and plug system on 12 and 16 size
- All models feature durable Ergo grip handle knobs
2-SPEED GEARINGOkuma's 2-speed technology incorporates two sets of stainless steel main and pinion gears, allowing anglers the option of a high-speed gear ratio or a powerful low-speed gear ratio for maximum power and torque. To shift gears it is as easy as pushing a button or popping a lever with Okuma's unique shifting design to obtain the appropriate gear ratio you desire.
DUAL FORCE DRAG SYSTEMOkuma's DFD system is specifically engineered to be mounted in the right side of the spool in order to bring all the mechanical workings closer together to maximize alignment and durability. This highly efficient drag system was designed to increase maximum drag pressure and improve heat dissipation for long term smoothness. Okuma utilizes Cal Sheet's Universal Drag Grease to prevent corrosion and provide the smoothest, most effcient drag system possible.
ERGO GRIPThe Ergo Grip handle knob is an extremely comfortable oversized handle-knob design for both speed and power. This soft-touch knob has been ergonomically designed to fit in the palm of your hand and will be found on certain Okuma lever drag reels, star drag reels and some spinning reel models.
CRCCorrosion Resistant Coating combines Okuma’s proprietary HDG-II gearing system, which offers exceptional anti-corrosive properties compared to standard gears, with a coating of Corrosion X HD to all internal and external parts. The CRC process actually penetrates and bonds to the metal, which helps significantly toward long term protection.
Andros 2-Speed Lever Drag Reel
|Model||Gear ratio||Bearings||Weight (g)||Line retrieve(cm)||Mono line capacity (mm)||Max Drag @ Strike with Freespool||Max Drag @ Full with Freespool|
|A-5IIa||6.4:1 & 3.8:1||6BB||460||107 & 63||0.32/570, 0.37/400, 0.42/320||7 kg||11kg|
Okuma Andros A Series Lever Drag Reels at ICAST 2014
- Related Products
Okuma metalloid rods are made to handle the toughest saltwater fishing, only using the best materials and components available. These rods will cast the big lures and poppers, and fight the torpedoes of the ocean.
Okuma Metalloid slow jigging rods are made to handle the toughest saltwater fishing, only using the best materials and components available. These rods will cast the big lures and poppers, and fight the torpedoes of the ocean.
Okuma Cedros "A" jigging rods feature E-glass blank offers incredible pulling power, Glass blanks offer shock reduction when using braided line.
- Files Download