Azores Spinning Reel
- DFD: Precision Dual Force Drag System.
- Precision click drag adjustment for more precise drag settings.
- Multi-disc, Carbonite and felt drag washers for DFD.
- 6HPB + 1RB corrosion-resistant stainless steel bearings.
- Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing plus ratchet system.
- Dual anti-reverse systems for maximum security for sizes 55 to 90.
- Single anti-reverse systems for Z-40s models.
- Precision machine cut brass pinion gear.
- CRC: Corrosion-resistant coating process.
- HDGII: Corrosion-resistant, high density gearing.
- ALC: Rigid die-cast aluminum body, side plate and rotor.
- MSS: Carbon Mechanical Stabilizing System.
- Machined aluminum, 2-tone anodized spool with LCS lip.
- Machined aluminum handle arm for strength.
- Hydro Block water tight drag seal.
- Heavy duty, solid aluminum bail wire.
|Mechanical Stabilizing System (MSS)|
The Mss Mechanical Stabilizing System for spinning reel is new exclusive Okuma technical design, the carbon plates increase the stability as well as help eliminating the vibration, integrally the MSS makes the reel running mechanically perfect.
|Dual Force Drag System|
DFD incorporates both surfaces of the spool to maximize high-end drag pressure, efficiency and overall smoothness. Mounted in the top of the spool and protected by the Hydro Block system is a multi-disc felt drag system that works in conjunction with a secondary drag system that is mounted under the spool. Even pressure is applied to both surfaces of the spool for maximum stability and significantly increased drag output compared to traditional single drag systems.
|Knurled Spool Design|
Knurling band on spool arbor increases friction and provides a locking point for braid which eliminates slipping and the need for backing resulting in maximum line capacity.
|AlumiLite Construction (ALC)|
Rigid die cast aluminum body, side plate and rotor: AlumiLite Construction incorporates Okuma's rigid aluminum body technology, alum frames are stronger and more rigid and are capable of withstanding more pressure and torque than traditional graphite frames. These lightweight, die cast alum frames provides more precise tolerances for precision gear aligment, maximum stability and ultimate durability.
|Aluminum Material with Strong Anti-Corrosion Feature|
The unique feature of its anti-corrosion characteristic performs extraordinarily well and is with resistance of 50% stronger than the general material in the market.
|High Performance Bearing (HPB)|
6 high performance ball bearings provide Azores with outstanding smoothness and reliability in saltwater fishing environments. The balls used on the HPB's are constructed from the same high-grade stainless steel material as the bearing housing.
|Machine Cut Aluminum Handle|
A rigid machine cut aluminum handle arm increases cranking power and performance. Ergonomic oval handle knob offers comfort for all fishing conditions.
|Oversize Main Shaft|
A thicker main shaft and robust metal bushing can withstand 3 times the axial impact pressure of traditional designs.
|Dual Anti-Reverse System|
The Azores features Okuma's trusted Quick Set anti-reverse system and a backup multi-stop anti reverse system for increased durability and reliability in all fishing conditions.
|Pinion Gear Supported With 2 Ball Bearings|
An extra bearing supports the pinion gear for improved gear meshing and smooth transfer of power under heavy pressure.
|Model||Gear Ratio||Bearings||Weight (oz.)||Line Retrieve||Max Drag Pressure||Monofilament line capacity (diameter in mm.)||Braided line rating (Tuf line)||Frame||Sideplates||Rotor||Spool|